From mediawiki 1.23.2 PMMC (3) Wiki
| Welcome to the Phoenix Marine Model Club|
15 September 2021
- Former member Steve Duckworth is selling his Vic Smeed Starlet, click on headline for detail or visit for sale page.
6 September 2021
- Bring your yachts and boats and show off your blinking and sparkly bits. Unfortunately due to the amount of weed and the risk of getting stuck, sailing will not be possible. But you can still bring your boats along, have a chat over a cup of coffee or tea.
- Silvermere Golf & Leisure are erecting a marquee on Wednesday afternoon 8th September for a golf event taking place Thursday 9th September - Friday 10th September 2021. This will be a large marquee restricting any access to the lake. Silvermere Golf & Leisure have confirmed that the marquee will be coming down on Saturday morning 11th September
4 September 2021
- Grahame Palmer has passed on the details of Modelers Central a company that he has not seen before. I have added the link to their website on the links page under Model Shops
3 September 2021
- Please click on the headline and follow the link to view pictures from our Open Day. Kindly supplied by Dave Steggles. If you have any pictures from the day please let me know and I will add them to the folder.
22 August 2021
- The wedding marquee has now been taken down. There is an event today Sunday 22nd August late morning. Doug McClelland golf society meeting. But there will be full access to the island terrace on Monday.
19 August 2021
- The Inn on the Lake is erecting a marquee for a wedding this Saturday 21/8/21. They are not sure when it will be taken down, but based on past events probably Monday morning. They have said there will still be access for sailing; except Saturday while the wedding is on.
18 August 2021
- Tony's collection of steam and electric model boats are being sold by his wife Sheila. Five boats have already been sold. Please click on the headline for more information on the boats left in the collection.
15 August 2021
- For anybody looking for a small renovation project for the next few weeks. There is a Free Sun tug up for grabs. It comes with a free motor, ESC, and rudder servo. Click on headline for details.
- Having changed radios I have a quantity of the Planet RM6 - 6channel receivers that will bind with any Planet T5 radios. Click on the headline for details.
14 August 2021
- The organisers have taken the decision to cancel this year's show due to ongoing uncertainty over numbers that can attend, and any ongoing Covid restrictions. This has made planning impossible.
12 August 2021
- Hans has sold his Smit Rotterdam but the launching frame and charger are still for sale. Details and pictures can be found by following the link in the headline.
7 August 2021
- On behalf of Headcorn Special Events, I regret to advise that we will not be hosting the Southern Model Show at Headcorn Aerodrome in August this year. We have taken this difficult decision mainly due to the unpredictability of rules regarding social distancing and possibly restricted numbers at outdoor events due to Covid 19. We also have to take into account the commercial use of the Aerodrome during this period. All traders who booked for this year will be contacted during the next few days. PMMC will have a stand at the annual SMAS show at Headcorn Aerodrome. Great day out for the family. All sorts of rides attractions. See their website: https://www.headcornevents.co.uk/Events/Southern+Model+Show
2 August 2021
25 July 2021
- The PMMC open day at Silvermere lake. We invite other clubs to this event so bring your boats along and meet fellow modellers. A great day our that is popular with PMMC and the general public. We will also celebrate PMMC's 25th Anniversary and also take a moment to remember those members who have left us in over the past 18 months. Among them Tony and Jim.
Last updated: 2021-09-22