|Welcome to the Phoenix Marine Model Club
19 February 2020
- Sometimes the skills used for making models of fine sailing craft spill over into other areas of modelling. Check out Stephen Griffiths excellent diorama he created for one of his neighbours.
14 February 2020
- Dear IOM skippers, Grahame will be running this years IOM championship. Details can be found by clicking on the headline. Please confirm by email if you are going to race to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grahame has found a useful link that explains the MYA rules of racing [here]. This link has also been added to the information page for future reference.
12 February 2020
- A total of 8 Race days were completed, with 2 discards means the best 6 Race day scores will count.Not all competed on all race days so their scores will only show the total of race days attended.Congratulations to Laurence N on winning the Series closely followed by Michael D.
- Please be patient - There is no space in the Race Days box. So the 10th race day details follow in this series box. The Series details will follow. The best sailing day of the Frostbite Series ensured the six sailors who raced had an exciting day with winds varying between 10 and 18 knots for the eleven races sailed. Well done to Michael and Laurence who finished with just 2 points separating them. Our thanks again to Ian and David for looking after proceedings.
5 February 2020
- Frostbite 9 was cancelled due to there being zero wind, not to mention a heavy mist. Frostbite 10 is the final race in the current series and will be sailed next Wednesday 12 February, please make an extra effort to compete.
2 February 2020
- Hans Van Leuwen - crew tasks at sea - bring and buy
- PMMC will have a display at this annual model show. The Grange - Bepton Rd, Midhurst GU29 9HD
29 January 2020
- Frostbite 8 took place on a sunny day with a variable light to moderate wind. In fact the best day`s sailing in this series so far. Seven sailors made for a good competitive day with Michael D just piping Grahame P by one point - well done both. Thanks to Ian and David for looking after us for the day.
22 January 2020
- Frostbite 7 was cancelled due to lack of sailors (only 3 turned up!) and also no wind.Better luck next Wednesday 29th January.
19 January 2020
- PMMC are invited to the Kempton Park Steam Museum's Weekend Of Power. A great weekend for all the family. See one of the large triple expansion steam engines running in the pump house, and enjoy a ride on the coal train. See here for details: https://www.kemptonsteam.org/ We have been at this event for the last couple of years. We are hoping to have a stand and display at this year's event. Watch this space for confirmation.
15 January 2020
- One metre class yacht 'KRCAR' includes No.1&2 rigs. With sail box and stand.
14 January 2020
- One of our very active, and ever young club members Jim Passey has just celebrated his 90th birthday. To mark the special occasion Jim was presented with a birthday cake and well wishes at our club night on Monday. Also on show were some of Jim's amazing and expertly built novelty craft. Unfortunately 'The Duck & Ducklings' had a prior appointment. :o)
13 January 2020
- After feedback from two members rule 5g and 5h have been wholly reinstated. The other amendments (in red) remain subject to any feedback from the members. The latest version of The Rules and Constitution can be accessed via the Information Tab (Rule Book and Constitution option) on the left hand side menu. If you have any comments please pass them to the committee through the club secretary Martin Lighten. A vote on the changes will be taken at the next AGM on the 6th April 2020.
10 January 2020
- The IOM race for the 15th January cancelled for those members wishing to attend the funeral of a much loved member of the club Andrea Roberts. Please click the headline for details of the funeral location and time.
8 January 2020
- Frostbite 6 opened the New Year with light variable to zero wind. The nine sailors were led round the course by David A again. The rest took their luck with the changing conditions.Our thanks to Ian for doing the admin again. Without a Race Officer we must make a better attempt to be our own referee on the water - please try harder to sail by the rules in future! PLEASE NOTE:- Next Frostbite, scheduled for 15 January, is postponed due to the funeral of Andrea. The next Frostbite is planned for 22 Jan 2020.
6 January 2020
- Our first club night of 2020 will be on Monday 13th January at the Byfleet Boat Club. Gio will be the guest speaker. Club membership subs for 2020 are also due this month. Click headline for more detail.
31 December 2019
- Weather and lake conditions permitting bring your boats along for a general sail to greet the New Year. All boats and craft welcome apart from the usual club restrictions. Bring anything - electric, steam, sail and start the year the way we would like to continue.
Last updated: 2020-02-23