|Welcome to the Phoenix Marine Model Club
23 March 2017
- The first round of the 2017 IOM race series will now be run on Wednesday 29March. Due to heavy rain on the 22 March the event had to be cancelled and the revised date agreed.
20 March 2017
- The 2017 Model Boat Convention takes place at Haydock Park Racecourse, Newton-le-Willows, WA12 0HQ on the August bank holiday week end. Please go to  for more details.
21 February 2017
- Please confirm if you are going to race this year by email to Grahame P. The dates are: March 22 April 12 and 26 May 10 and 24 June 7
17 February 2017
15 February 2017
13 February 2017
- A better show than in 2016
11 February 2017
- The fifth Sumners ponds model show takes place this weekend just outside Horsham. As in previous years Phoenix will be present with a large display of boats. In addition there will be flying displays of planes, kites and quad-copters together with tanks, railways and electric/IC car racing. If you have an interest in any aspect of modelling then there should be something for you, bring the family as it's a great day out. Please go to  for more information.
10 February 2017
- The review is another, rather posh, name for a model boat show where the models will be displayed on the MQ herself or in their workshop. We will have a small stand on the MQ. The weekend will be a great opportunity to see the work accomplished so far, hear about their future plans and see some great models - well worth a visit. The address for the event is: Medway Queen Visitor Centre, Gillingham Pier, Pier Approach Road, Gillingham, Kent ME7 1RX. See MQ website 
- The Alfold CMBS is with us again but a couple of months later so as to avoid clashes with other events and hopefully attract more traders and visitors. As in previous years Phoenix MMC will have a stand (probably the size of three gazebos). It's a good fun day out and well worth a visit. The proceeds go to support the charity Care Ashore, see  for more details of this worthwhile organization supporting retired Seafarers.
26 January 2017
- The Series is now complete. The weather curtailed the planned programme allowing only seven Race Days to be sailed, therefore only the best 5 results to count. A total of 15 competitors sailed, with 7 completing 5 races. Congratulations to David A. on a convincing win and Roger P on second place. Our thanks go Keith and Ian braving the cold to act as RO`s.
25 January 2017
- Once again the weather got the better of us with the ice preventing the final race day taking place. The Series is now complete with only 7 Race Days being sailed. Final results can viewed under Frostbite Series.
19 January 2017
- The BIG DAY OUT will be on Thursday 21 September 2017.
18 January 2017
- Regretfully the penultimate race day in 2016/17 Frostbite Series had to be cancelled due to ice. The final chance to boost your points total will be next Wednesday 25th January - make a date, weather permitting.
11 January 2017
- The first Frostbite of 2017 (7th in the Series) took place in blustery conditions, making for some excellent racing. Only seven sailors took advantage of a sunny and mild day allowing 10 races to be completed.
4 January 2017
- Happy New Year to all Frostbiters. Regretfully the first Race Day of 2017 was Iced Off. Hopefully better luck for the 11th January.
2 January 2017
- The PMMC Rule Book and Constitution (2016) has been added to the information page and can be accessed from the the Information menu item in the the sidebar to the left of this page as well as by clicking on Rule Book and Constitution.
18 December 2016
- 61 members and guests enjoyed the Christmas party on the 12 December. This year even included a Cabaret with star turn Laurence N and the raffle with H vL. Please click the headline for pictures. Happy Christmas
14 December 2016
- The last Frostbite of 2016 saw 13 sailors enjoy another balmy day of light breezes. Nine races were completed with David once again taking the honours. Our thanks to the Team of Keith, Ian and Jim for looking after the admin. Happy Christmas to all, see you on 4th Jan 2017 for the next Frostbite.
7 December 2016
- A balmy 11 degrees saw eight sailors struggle with a light variable breeze. David and Roger shared the honours again, with the remainder sharing the points. Thanks to Ian and Gordon for looking after the races.
5 December 2016
- IOM Yacht “ KRAKA” inc Nos 1 and 2 Rigs plus mailbox. No electrics are included. £250.00 ono. Contact Gerry Hubble on 01372729776
30 November 2016
- Regretfully the Fifth race in the Frostbite Series had to be postponed due to ice on the lake. It is now planned hold the Fifth race next week on the 7th Dec.
23 November 2016
- The 4th Race Day only attracted seven sailors on what proved to be a fine racing day. A light to moderate, sometimes fluky, wind saw some interesting and close racing led as always by David A. Our thanks to Ian and Gordon for conducting proceedings.
19 November 2016
- The annual Victoria race day against Selsey MB is on Wednesday 19 July 2017 at Selsey. Please advise Grahame P. if you are going to enter.
16 November 2016
- Twelve boats turned out for the 3rd Frostbite. With a light variable wind and leaves drifting across the course causing some frustrating racing. Well done to David and Grahame who managed to master the conditions better than most. Thanks to Keith and Ian for looking after us.
15 November 2016
- Vivatur IOM
Last updated: 2017-03-30