From mediawiki 1.23.2 PMMC (3) Wiki
| Welcome to the Phoenix Marine Model Club
We are sorry to say that club activities are curtailed until further notice during the current Coronavirus Pandemic. Please see the following links for more details
2 December 2020
- PMMC Christmas Lunch cancelled- Unfortunately due to the restrictions imposed by Tier 2 Covid-19 actions, Silvermere - Inn on the Lake have advised us that they are unable to accommodate our group inside the restaurant. Although we could have dined outside on tables of six, we have decided given the current situation to cancel the event. We hope to be back for next year's event.
30 November 2020
- The current national lockdown will end on Wednesday December 2nd 2020. We will be returning to a Tiered system across the country, each area with it's own specified tier. Currently Silvermere in Surrey will be Tier 2. That means that we must follow all the guidelines and restrictions for that tier. For our club that means a return to sailing but a maximum of six, socially distanced, at the lake and continuing to use the diary for track and trace purposes. Please make sure you follow the guidelines published by the government here:https://www.gov.uk/guidance/full-list-of-local-restriction-tiers-by-area
26 November 2020
- Some of you may remember that there was a film crew at Silvermere earlier this year filming scenes for a documentary about the bouncing bomb, part of Operation Chastise (The Dambusters Raid) Silvermere was used by Barnes Wallis in the development of the 'Upkeep' bomb used on the raid. In 1942, Barnes Wallis and his secretary, rowing champion Amy Gentry, rowed out onto the lake where Wallis fired differently-shaped models from a catapult and Gentry then rowed to retrieve them. Later, in 1943, George Edwards, the manager of the Experimental department used the lake to demonstrate the mechanism for spinning and releasing the bombs.
3 November 2020
- Please click on the headline to read Richard's update on the second national lockdown. In summary the golf course and lake will be closed from November 5th -December 2nd 2020.
2 November 2020
- This meeting has been cancelled due to the latest restrictions on social gatherings and the numbers that can meet indoors or outside.
1 November 2020
- Due to the restrictions on the number of people who can gather together outside, currently 6, the Frostbite series has been cancelled. This has now been superseded by the second national lockdown November 5th - December 2nd 2020.
24 October 2020
- Cancelled by show organisers due to uncertainty on large shows and restrictions on social distancing.
17 October 2020
- Silvermere is in Elmbridge - now a Tier 2 (High Risk) area for Covid regulations - but we are not closing down use of the lake at the moment. We do ask that not more than 6 people gather to sail / float boats. Please click on the headline for further information. Also see here for details https://www.gov.uk/government/news/local-covid-19-alert-level-update-15-october-2020
5 October 2020
- We have negotiated with Silvermere Inn on the Lake the use of one of their rooms for our Monday night meetings. It is downstairs and members will be able to have full use of the facilities, and also sail on the lake and have an evening meal if they want to.
Last updated: 2020-12-5