From mediawiki 1.23.2 PMMC (3) Wiki
| Welcome to the Phoenix Marine Model Club
We are sorry to say that club activities are curtailed until further notice during the current Coronavirus Pandemic. Please see the following links for more details
6 April 2021
- Goose island has been moved and the jetty is clear for launching yachts and boats. The barrier is still across the entrance to the terrace but you can just move it to gain access, but please make sure it gets closed behind you. Don’t forget to fill in the track and trace log if you are at the lake. Use the 2021 tracker section at the back. Richard will bring a new diary on Friday April 16th.
31 March 2021
- At the moment the club is not planning any activity other than any socially distanced sailing at Silvermere for a maximum of six people. Although at the moment this is hindered by the presence of the nesting goose. As lockdown releases see here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-response-spring-2021/covid-19-response-spring-2021-summary and the restrictions are hopefully lifted we will plan more events and activity including club nights and an AGM. We look forward to a fuller programme from the middle half of the year.
30 March 2021
- During lockdown a floating pontoon/island with a nesting Canada goose on it has appeared in front of the jetty. Nobody, so far has any idea where it came from? Silvermere management have been made aware of the problem but so far no comment. We will keep you informed. At the moment we cannot use the jetty due to the proximity of the nest. Click on the headline to see pictures.
23 February 2021
- Happy Anniversary everybody, our club is celebrating their 25th year. We plan to celebrate our 25 years as a club sometime in the summer, subject to any Covid-19 restrictions. We would like your suggestions for a suitable event that we can hold probably outside. We might be able to book the island terrace for a day so we can have a buffet and a sail. If you have any other thoughts then please let us know via the contact information page.
22 February 2021
- Having reviewed the latest update from the government on the 22nd February 2021, we will not be able to commence club activities until March 29th at the earliest. Silvermere golf course will remain closed until then. Government roadmap out of lockdown. See the details here:https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/963491/COVID-19_Response_-_Spring_2021.pdf We will keep monitoring the situation and update the website accordingly.
18 February 2021
- The Guildford Model Engineering Society is planning to hold it’s next Gala Week-End on Saturday and Sunday, 3rd and 4th July 2021, provided that the Covid restrictions have been relaxed to an extent that we can run the event. You are cordially invited to bring some models to the Gala. If you haven't received an invite directly and want to bring your boats along please let David Wilde know and he will send you the necessary forms. https://gmes.org.uk/events.htm
Last updated: 2021-04-11