From mediawiki 1.23.2 PMMC (3) Wiki
| Welcome to the Phoenix Marine Model Club|
24 May 2022
- General weed clearing from the areas of the lake affecting sailing.
23 May 2022
- PMMC were at the Kempton Park Steam Weekend, and what a wonderful sunny weekend it was. The event was well attended and there were a lot of contributors who added different points of interest for the visiting public. Click on the headline for pictures courtesy of Rob Pope. Manning the stand for PMMC were David, Richard, Jackie, and Martin
22 May 2022
- The Platinum Jubilee of Elizabeth II is being celebrated in 2022 in the Commonwealth to mark the 70th anniversary of the accession of Queen Elizabeth II on 6 February 1952. In 2022, Her Majesty The Queen will become the first British Monarch to celebrate a Platinum Jubilee after 70 years of service. Get involved in celebrating Her Majesty’s historic reign in the run up to the Platinum Jubilee Central Weekend which takes place from 2nd to 5th June.
18 May 2022
- Despite efforts to clear weed from the lake, long keeled IOM's and Victoria's are still catching weed. The problem will only get worse as the summer progresses and therefore we propose to cancel the IOM and Victoria series this summer. The hope is to run both in the cooler months say October through to March when the weed should have died down. PMMC will advise dates later in the year.
17 May 2022
- There were four club members, Alex, David, Martin, and Stephen trying to reduce the amount of weed that has grown since the beginning of the year. At the moment the main area seems to be around the jetty to about 5 metres out. After checking the middle of the lake is still reasonably free due to the depth. Although the weed will no doubt get nearer to the surface as it grows.
16 May 2022
- Since the beginning of the year the weed has slowly returned, but over the last few weeks has accelerated to the extent that sailing is almost impossible. There will be weed clearing taking place on the 17th May 2022. This will now be a regular feature during the summer months.
15 May 2022
- Royal Navy and other countries battleships, destroyers, corvettes etc. Other naval or specialist ships that may not be grey but serve a countries naval forces e.g. gun boats, patrol boats. Also fishery, customs, border patrol vessels.
4 May 2022
- Following a request it has been decided that May 11th be dedicated to the sailing of Gaff rigged vessels primarily the large cutters we have in the Club. Start around 10.30 am.
28 April 2022
- The history of Eel Pie Island tells a fascinating and varied story. From the role it played in the RnB boom of the 60s to its historical boatyards, maverick characters and pioneering spirit of inventive creativity, these fabulous stories are told in the museum, not just on its walls, but also from the first-hand experience of some of its superb volunteers. More information here:https://www.eelpiemuseum.co.uk/
- Kempton Park Steam Museum May 21-22 (2022) Stationary Engine and Model Boat Weekend See some amazing vintage engines in working order, lovingly restored, plus model boats on the pool. The large triple expansion steam engine will be in steam, and the railway running both days. More information here:https://kemptonsteam.org/ PMMC will be manning a stand and sailing boats on the pond especially erected for the event. This is a return for our club to an event that we used to attend before the pandemic. So make the most of this weekend and visit a VERY local event run against a backdrop of big scale steam engineering.
27 April 2022
- Please contact the club secretary if you are interested in buying any of the boats on offer. Click on the headline for more information.
17 April 2022
- Bring along your Thames barges and other sailing barges for racing or just general sailing. A lot of fun, which is popular with the members of the public visiting Silvermere.
Last updated: 2022-05-25