From mediawiki 1.23.2 PMMC (3) Wiki
| Welcome to the Phoenix Marine Model Club
We are sorry to say that club activities are curtailed until further notice during the current Coronavirus Pandemic. Please see the following links for more details
23 March 2020
- Important Update – Temporary Closure. Following the Government’s announcement yesterday evening, we confirm that Silvermere Golf Complex is now closed with immediate effect. This includes the golf course, driving range, restaurant, Golf Store and Left Handed Golf Store.
22 March 2020
- Thanks to Grahame Palmer for the latest pictures. Work continues with the block paving on the island area. The contractors are nearly up to the pergola area. See Grahame's pictures. It has made a vast improvement on the previous loose chippings.
18 March 2020
- It has been agreed by the Committee to follow Government advice on the restrictions of movement and gatherings of numbers of people (especially those over 70 and with underlying health problems) and to effectively close the Club and its activities down for a period of at least 12 weeks. PLEASE CLICK ON THE HEADLINE FOR MORE INFORMATION ON CANCELLED EVENTS AND OTHER CURTAILED ACTIVITY.
12 March 2020
- The contractors have started work on removing the existing surface of loose chippings to replace them with paving. This work has been planned for some time, but has now finally got underway. It will make the area more accessible to wheelchairs and generally improve the look of the island.
2 March 2020
1 March 2020
27 February 2020
- Hans has a fully functional military ship's compass, which may be of interest to a PMMC member. Please click on the headline for more details.
- Hans has sold his Wotan but still has a Smit Rotterdam for sale. Details and pictures can be found by following the link in the headline.
19 February 2020
- Sometimes the skills used for making models of fine sailing craft spill over into other areas of modelling. Check out Stephen Griffiths excellent diorama he created for one of his neighbours.
14 February 2020
- Dear IOM skippers, Grahame will be running this years IOM championship. Details can be found by clicking on the headline. Please confirm by email if you are going to race to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grahame has found a useful link that explains the MYA rules of racing [here]. This link has also been added to the information page for future reference.
12 February 2020
- A total of 8 Race days were completed, with 2 discards means the best 6 Race day scores will count.Not all competed on all race days so their scores will only show the total of race days attended.Congratulations to Laurence N on winning the Series closely followed by Michael D.
- Please be patient - There is no space in the Race Days box. So the 10th race day details follow in this series box. The Series details will follow. The best sailing day of the Frostbite Series ensured the six sailors who raced had an exciting day with winds varying between 10 and 18 knots for the eleven races sailed. Well done to Michael and Laurence who finished with just 2 points separating them. Our thanks again to Ian and David for looking after proceedings.
Last updated: 2020-04-8