|Welcome to the Phoenix Marine Model Club
10 March 2018
- Richard C records sailing conditions at Silvermere last weekend were somewhat un-favourable! Click the link to see the photos
7 March 2018
- A talk on the Royal Sovereign Light House and its building by one of the Engineers involved.
13 February 2018
- A fun day but down on visitors
10 February 2018
- Please click on the headline to reveal further details.
7 February 2018
- The Final Results of the Frostbite Series 2017/18 resulted in a win for David A closely followed by Roger P. Congratulations to both. Only seven race days from the eleven planned were completed due to some poor weather. Our thanks go to Keith and Ian who turned out in all weathers to run the races allowing all sailors to compete in all races.
- The final race race day in the current series saw 7 stalwarts(2 others had to retire)brave the icy conditions. A decent wind added to the chill factor but gave some good sailing. Ten races were completed with two discards. The Series results follow.
3 February 2018
- A great show, small but very friendly with a wide range of models on display on and off the water. Held at: Care Ashore, Springbok Estate, Alfold, Cranleigh, Surrey, GU6 8EX. Please speak to David Wilde (07803 181 330) if you would like to display a boat or two at the show. [Info on the 2017 show can be found at] https://www.alfoldmodelshow.co.uk/
- The 2018 dates have now been published and the show has moved back to June - Saturday 2nd & Sunday 3rd. Please see those dates for more information
31 January 2018
- Once again the weather defeated the willing and racing was cancelled for the day. The last race day of the current Frostbite Series is scheduled for Wednesday 7th February, please make one final effort to complete the 2017/18 Series.
24 January 2018
- Frostbite 7 Postponed due to too much wind, too much rain and not enough Sailors. We will try again next week 31 January - See you there.
17 January 2018
- Frostbite 6 found eight Sailors prepared to enjoy a 20+knot wind with some strong gusts, half the fleet opted for No 2 Rigs and remainder staying with No 1 Rigs - the No2s winning overall with equal points in testing conditions and a No1 Rig managing third. A number of boats experienced problems with one race having to be abandoned. Once again our thanks to Keith and Ian for managing the racing on a very cold day
10 January 2018
- Frostbite 5 attracted a better turnout of ten sailors sailing 10 races in light and variable conditions. David A scored a maximum of 72 points from the 8 races to count, congratulations David. Our thanks to Keith, Ian and Gordon for looking after and controlling the day`s racing.
7 January 2018
- David T, a former member of the club, is selling his fathers models and an engine. Please click the headline for details and pictures.
3 January 2018
- Frostbite 4 attracted just six hardy sailors to clear the cobwebs out. A forecast of strong winds gusting to 40+ knots proved correct and provided some exciting racing using No 2 Rigs (less Terry sticking with No 1 Rig). Roger P. proved the master of the conditions winning 8 of the 11 races sailed. Frostbite 5 is planned for next Wednesday 10th January hopefully with a better turnout. Happy New Year to all.
13 December 2017
- Frostbite 4 postponed due to Ice, Rain and not enough sailors! Race Day 4 is now planned to take place next year on Wednesday 3rd January 2018 - see you there. Happy Christmas to all Sailors and good sailing in the new year.
6 December 2017
- Nine Sailors competed in a varying wind (0 - 15) and with mixed fortunes,the top four being separated by just 5 points, making it an interesting days racing. Ten races were completed with the best eight results to count. Thanks again to Gordon and Ian for looking after the days racing.
25 November 2017
- Two of Stephen Griffiths boats win a Gold medal at the 2017 Warwick IMBS, see photo and article below.
22 November 2017
- Eight sailors braved a forecast 20 Knot wind gusting to 40 knots. After eleven races and some interesting sailing David A emerged as a clear winner with Rob P a worthy runner-up. Next Frostbite is planned for 6th December.
15 November 2017
- Frostbite 2 Postponed. Only four stalwart sailors ventured forth to find little or no wind-so no racing. It requires five or more sailors to validate a race. Frostbite 2 is now planned to take place next Wednesday 22 November. See you there!
- PMMC at Warwick International Model Boat Show 2017 - Show report
8 November 2017
- The first race day of the 2017/18 Frostbite proved to be one of the best days sailing this year. A total of eight boats enjoyed a good steady wind that produced some excellent and close racing. Congratulations to David and Roger for their dominance of the day. A total of 10 races (ignoring the practice race!)were sailed leaving the best 8 to count.
31 October 2017
- All racing days, Club nights and Special Event days are now on the Club Calendar for 2018.
26 October 2017
- The FROSTBITE series will run from November 8 2017 till 7 February 2018. November 8 15 22 December 6 13 January 3 10 17 24 31 February 7.
12 October 2017
- The 2017 judging for the RY Trophy took place at the October Club Night. Jane Gifford a New Zealand barge scratch built by Laurence N won the prestigious award. The Judges felt the model represented what the RY Trophy is all about and demonstrated what can be achieved by members if they really show imagination and skill. Well done Laurence.
- Dates added
Last updated: 2018-03-17