From mediawiki 1.23.2 PMMC (3) Wiki
|Welcome to the Phoenix Marine Model Club
11 June 2019
- Waverley has been withdrawn from service for 2019 and urgently needs new boilers or she will never sail again. The charity urgently need your support now to save this magnificent vessel. PLEASE DONATE TODAY AND HELP SAVE WAVERLEY. See their website https://www.waverleyexcursions.co.uk/
5 June 2019
- Fine weather with the usual changeable strength light to moderate wind conditions. Enjoyable sailing and almost incident free racing clockwise - around an 'M' shaped set of buoys - but with a couple of collisions tangling topmasts to rearrange the race results.
- ... the global reach of Phoenix. Our club is helping inspire young modellers in the US! Today we received the an email from Tracey who runs a fun ship history and beginner yacht modeling class for 7-14 year olds in the USA. One of their youngest members, Avery, has also given us a fascinating link which details a timeline of ships, boats and yachts through the ages. Click the headline for details.
1 June 2019
- PLEASE BE AWARE: As the water level has dropped at Silvermere lake, the front of the jetty has been lowered and there is now a step of about 8 inches between the platforms.
29 May 2019
- A day that started warm with moderate breezes to sail in degenerated, at about the start of the first race, into good winds with rain becoming heavy, and after lunch - for the last three races - rain with lighter winds and colder. Some skippers had race results which surprised them and despite the deteriorating weather conditions a good race day was had by most skippers. The next race day is Wednesday 5th June gathering for briefing soon after 10 am.
Last updated: 2019-06-25