From mediawiki 1.23.2 PMMC (3) Wiki
| Welcome to the Phoenix Marine Model Club
We are sorry to say that club activities are curtailed until further notice during the current Coronavirus Pandemic. Please see the following links for more details
24 October 2020
- Cancelled by show organisers due to uncertainty on large shows and restrictions on social distancing.
17 October 2020
- Silvermere is in Elmbridge - now a Tier 2 (High Risk) area for Covid regulations - but we are not closing down use of the lake at the moment. We do ask that not more than 6 people gather to sail / float boats. Please click on the headline for further information. Also see here for details https://www.gov.uk/government/news/local-covid-19-alert-level-update-15-october-2020
5 October 2020
- We have negotiated with Silvermere Inn on the Lake the use of one of their rooms for our Monday night meetings. It is downstairs and members will be able to have full use of the facilities, and also sail on the lake and have an evening meal if they want to.
30 September 2020
- As you know every year PMMC give a donation to Silvermere's chosen charity. This year we gave £350.00 to the Royal Marsden Cancer Trust, and they have kindly sent us a certificate and 'thank you' note via email. Please click on the headline for more detail and the certificate.
- The lake will be closed for filming of the 'Bouncing Bomb' documentary about the development of the bouncing bomb by Barnes Wallis. The jetty and the island area will be closed. Please do not attempt to sail while the film crew set up and filming is taking place.
28 September 2020
- The PMMC committee will be going ahead with planning a full calendar for 2021 starting in early December. We will hopefully have a clearer idea of what is going to be possible nearer to the end of this year.
27 September 2020
- During a visit to the lake at Silvermere this morning we have agreed that PMMC Members can access the lakeside past the table barrier at the entrance thus saving the need to lug or trolley boats through the restaurant. A sign indicating 'PMMC only' access will be attached to the barrier. Use of the restaurant / bar will require masks to be worn and seated use of tables for coffee. / teas etc. This is the best we can arrange at the moment and I hope it works.
25 September 2020
- Please click on the headline for the full content.
19 September 2020
- Click on the headline to see the full content.
17 September 2020
- Due to the low water level in the lake, we have lowered the jetty again to make it easier for members to launch their boats. But this means there is an increased step down to the front half of the jetty. PLEASE BE CAREFUL WHEN USING THE JETTY. MAKE SURE YOU CAN NEGOTIATE THE STEP DOWN SAFELY.
11 September 2020
Last updated: 2020-10-30