From mediawiki 1.23.2 PMMC (3) Wiki
| Welcome to the Phoenix Marine Model Club
We are sorry to say that club activities are curtailed until further notice during the current Coronavirus Pandemic. Please see the following links for more details
8 August 2020
- PMMC will have a stand at the annual Vikings MBC Open Day at Ramsgate. Held at The Boating Pool Royal Esplanade Ramsgate CT11 0HE
3 August 2020
- A relaxed evening and an opportunity to bring a boat along to sail it on the canal opposite the club house. A chance to enjoy a chat with fellow members and enjoy a cup of tea and cake.
26 July 2020
- The PMMC open day at Silvermere lake. We invite other clubs to this event so bring your boats along and meet fellow modellers. A great day our that is popular with PMMC and the general public.
19 July 2020
- Weather and lake depth dependant. Bring along your 'classic' sailing boat/ship and enjoy a day with like minded skippers and enjoy the challenge of navigating the challenging winds across Silvermere lake.
8 July 2020
- The island and terrace area are now open, and we now have access to the jetty. But unfortunately the water level is low and the lake is choked by excessive weed inshore, with large patches elsewhere on the surface. This prevents boats especially yachts from sailing. So for the time being we have suspended any activity while we wait for deeper water and the weed to die down. See pictures for detail.
- Unfortunately mother nature has conspired against us. Providing perfect conditions for the weed to proliferate, making it impossible to sail any deep keeled boats. As a result we have had to cancel the Victoria Race Series for 2020.
6 July 2020
30 June 2020
- The Inn on the Lake will re-open on Saturday 4th July. This will include the terrace and island areas. However the PMMC committee are checking to see if this general access to the public, or the numbers will be controlled via booking online or over the phone. Please do not attempt to sail from the jetty until we have clarified with Silvermere how PMMC can support their social distancing guidelines. More info on the re-opening here: https://www.silvermere-innonthelake.co.uk/ and here: https://www.silvermere-innonthelake.co.uk/covid-19-safety-measures/
29 June 2020
- The terrace area remains closed. The latest update we have is that the Inn on the Lake is still planning on re-opening in early July. They are not sure yet of the exact date and are currently planning the table layout at 1.5 metres, plus how to maintain social distancing requirements on the outside terrace area. The new bar will be opened and they plan to maximise the seating area on the newly paved island. Subject to their updates and communications the PMMC committee are now planning how we can best integrate the club activities with the Inn on the Lakes plans. The committee will be meeting on the 9th July to discuss the options available. We will update the membership and the website in the next couple of days, or as and when we get further news.
27 June 2020
- Hello Everybody, With the uncertainty about when the current Government restrictions relating to the Coronavirus outbreak will be relaxed to an extent that GMES would be able to hold its annual Gala Weekend in July this year, GMES has taken the decision to cancel this year's Gala. We have a provisional date for 2021, namely the week-end of 3rd and 4th July, please put those dates in your diaries. The date will be confirmed later this year and we look forward to seeing you again next year. Regards, Bryan Finch, GMES Secretary
15 June 2020
- Silvermere Inn on the Lake remains closed until at least July. Therefore the terrace and island area remain closed with no access to the jetty. Until the island area opens we will not be able to sail. We will update the website when there is a change in the current situation. Please watch out for Richard's emails on the latest comings and goings of the PMMC members. Click on headline for details and pictures.
14 June 2020
- This latest update from the MYA on the question regarding "when can we sail again?" Some PMMC members belonging to the MYA may have already seen this. But it may be of interest to other members. Click on the headline for the link to this article on the MYA website.
- After successful events in 2019 PMMC are holding the second of their sailing barge matches. All barge classes welcome; please contact the chairman via email if you need more information.
Last updated: 2020-08-12