|Welcome to the Phoenix Marine Model Club
21 July 2017
- Strong winds and drizzle at Selsey caused problems for the Phoenix team on Wednesday 19 July. The Selsey top Skippers handled the conditions better and as a result Selsey ran out the winners this year.
15 July 2017
- Here are the results of day 1 of this year's Victoria season. Please click on the headlines to see the details
24 June 2017
- Dear Phoenix Skippers, here are the results for the IOM 2017 Championship. Well done to David A the 2017 Champion and a special mention for Michael D for a fine third place. Grahame P was too modest to mention his commendable 2nd place when he let me know the result! Thanks to Simon J, Keith M and Ian O for all their help in running the series.
- Please click the headline to view the results of the sixth and final IOM race of this series. Don't forget to check out the season's results also published today.
12 June 2017
- A great weekend steaming with lots of visitors
10 June 2017
- Phoenix spend an evening with Sutton Mariners
4 June 2017
- Dear Members, I'm pleased to report that Gordon E as a member of Byfleet Boat Club has been able to secure the use of the key to open the bottom gate at the club. This will greatly help the less mobile of us when visiting club nights etc.and make it a lot safer than using the slope down to the clubhouse. Those who feel they need to use this facility should advise Grahame P before club nights so we can open the gates. Thanks to Gordon for arranging this with the committee of Byfleet Boat Club.
27 May 2017
- The results of the 5th day's sailing of this year's IOM series are now available by clicking the headline.
14 May 2017
- Te results of the fourth day of the 2017 IOM race seried can now be found by clicking the headline.
- An acquaintance of Ian R's, James, who's father recently died, has sent some photos of models made by his dad. His mother has asked him to try to sell them all. To see photos, please click on the headline. Members can contact James on 07966 142499 to arrange to see the models if they are interested.
28 April 2017
- Results of Day 3 of the 2017 IOM series are now available by clicking on the headline.
24 April 2017
- Phoenix members models on display on the Medway Queen
14 April 2017
- The first AMBO / MTSBC Barge Match in the 2017 season of racing was held at PMMCs home water at Silvermere Golf & Leisure Centre on Sunday April 9th 2017, as part of a summer long series of races held in Surrey, Kent, Essex and Greater London. It also incorporated a day for PMMC Members to bring and sail Scale Sailing vessels and in this respect made a fine sight of sail both on the bank and in the water. Please click on the headline for the full report and some great photos, including one of Richard C with his barge from the Daily Telegraph.
13 April 2017
- Dear members, David A recently came across some videos created by member Eric Wardle some years ago. These are a fabulous advertisement for the club, its members and its craft. Please click the headline to see these. There is also a link on our Gallery page to Eric's page which contains many more videos and photograph's of model boats. Please do have a look at these fantastic shots.
- Results of the 2nd race day for this year's IoM are now available - please click the headline for more details.
2 April 2017
- At last the seasons IOM race series got underway on the 29th with 11 members turning out. Click on the headline to see pictures.
20 March 2017
- The 2017 Model Boat Convention takes place at Haydock Park Racecourse, Newton-le-Willows, WA12 0HQ on the August bank holiday week end. Please go to  for more details.
21 February 2017
- Please confirm if you are going to race this year by email to Grahame P. The dates are: March 22 April 12 and 26 May 10 and 24 June 7
17 February 2017
15 February 2017
13 February 2017
- A better show than in 2016
11 February 2017
- The fifth Sumners ponds model show takes place this weekend just outside Horsham. As in previous years Phoenix will be present with a large display of boats. In addition there will be flying displays of planes, kites and quad-copters together with tanks, railways and electric/IC car racing. If you have an interest in any aspect of modelling then there should be something for you, bring the family as it's a great day out. Please go to  for more information.
10 February 2017
- The Alfold CMBS is with us again but a couple of months later so as to avoid clashes with other events and hopefully attract more traders and visitors. As in previous years Phoenix MMC will have a stand (probably the size of three gazebos). It's a good fun day out and well worth a visit. The proceeds go to support the charity Care Ashore, see  for more details of this worthwhile organization supporting retired Seafarers.
26 January 2017
- The Series is now complete. The weather curtailed the planned programme allowing only seven Race Days to be sailed, therefore only the best 5 results to count. A total of 15 competitors sailed, with 7 completing 5 races. Congratulations to David A. on a convincing win and Roger P on second place. Our thanks go Keith and Ian braving the cold to act as RO`s.
25 January 2017
- Once again the weather got the better of us with the ice preventing the final race day taking place. The Series is now complete with only 7 Race Days being sailed. Final results can viewed under Frostbite Series.
Last updated: 2017-07-24