|Welcome to the Phoenix Marine Model Club
16 May 2018
- IOM race day 5 was a great day with very strong wind. All skippers sailed with number 1 sails which resulted I some fast and furious racing.
15 May 2018
- Back on schedule for the summer race series, Wednesday 16th May is the 5th (and penultimate) round of races. Arrive close to 10 am to set up and try to beat your new Chairman into last place!
- The Sunday this year for bringing out your electric driven models. visit Silvermere with your cruisers, launches, day boats etc as long as it is electrically powered. 10 am onwards and enjoy a sunny day by the lake with friends.
9 May 2018
- Race Day 4 postponed from May 2 was held on the 9th May in warm sunshine and moderate winds. The Britpop hull owners cant be caught but the rest try hard and 3 skippers tied for 3rd place.
7 May 2018
- Plenty of sun at Beal Park model boat show
2 May 2018
- Race day 4 of the IOM race series has been postponed due to bad weather conditions. The event will now be held on Wednesday 9th May.
25 April 2018
- The 2018 BIG DAY OUT will visit Greenwich and allow visits to Cutty Sark, The Royal Observatory, The National Maritime Museum and the Queens House art gallery.
18 April 2018
- IOM race day 3 attracted 9 skippers. Others were on holiday and missed racing in 27c temp.and gusty winds. Close racing on the day but Roger P won and kept out of trouble.
13 April 2018
- This is a new event on the exhibition calendar which looks very exciting. There will be: Railways - Boats - Planes and Cars - Working displays - demonstrations and trade stands - 5inch raised track, ride on train - Boating lake with working models - Tank battles and interactive model village - Drone flying - Model traction engines displays - Licensed bar and catering - Free parking. The event is to be held at: The Grange, Bepton Road, Midhurst, GU29 9HD and Phoenix members models will be on display. Further details from David Wilde, 01483 722098
10 April 2018
- Richard C was elected Phoenix Chairman at the club AGM on Monday 9 April 2018. The retiring chairman Grahame P served 3 terms a total of 9 years and congratulated Richard on his appointment.
- At the club AGM on the 9 April 2018 Stephen G and Michael D were elected to serve on the club committee. John W retired from the committee having served 2 terms a total of 6 years.
5 April 2018
- IOM Race day 2 on the 4 April was a challenging day with strong winds and heavy gusts and some rain. This resulted in boat problems for some skippers. Most raced with number 1 sails while two skippers decided to use number 2 sails. Well done to Roger E who won his first IOM race ever and to David A for winning the day.
22 March 2018
- The first race of the 2018 IOM produced mixed results, except for David A who swept the board. The weather warmed a little with a light variable wind making for some interesting racing. Thanks to Ian and Gordon for policing the racing.
18 March 2018
- The modelling weekend has been cancelled for 2018. For a full explanation please see http://www.sumnersponds.co.uk/events/model-show
17 March 2018
- According to the Sumners Ponds Website the 2018 Model Show due to be held over the weekend 9th - 10th June has had to be cancelled. Apparently they currently have no Events Organiser and consider it is now too close to the show date for any new incumbent to the post to take up the task of organising it in a satisfactory manner.
10 March 2018
- Richard C records sailing conditions at Silvermere last weekend were somewhat un-favourable! Click the link to see the photos
7 March 2018
- A talk on the Royal Sovereign Light House and its building by one of the Engineers involved.
13 February 2018
- A fun day but down on visitors
10 February 2018
- Please click on the headline to reveal further details.
7 February 2018
- The Final Results of the Frostbite Series 2017/18 resulted in a win for David A closely followed by Roger P. Congratulations to both. Only seven race days from the eleven planned were completed due to some poor weather. Our thanks go to Keith and Ian who turned out in all weathers to run the races allowing all sailors to compete in all races.
- The final race race day in the current series saw 7 stalwarts(2 others had to retire)brave the icy conditions. A decent wind added to the chill factor but gave some good sailing. Ten races were completed with two discards. The Series results follow.
3 February 2018
- A great show, small but very friendly with a wide range of models on display on and off the water. Held at: Care Ashore, Springbok Estate, Alfold, Cranleigh, Surrey, GU6 8EX. Please speak to David Wilde (07803 181 330) if you would like to display a boat or two at the show. [Info on the 2017 show can be found at] https://www.alfoldmodelshow.co.uk/
- The 2018 dates have now been published and the show has moved back to June - Saturday 2nd & Sunday 3rd. Please see those dates for more information
31 January 2018
- Once again the weather defeated the willing and racing was cancelled for the day. The last race day of the current Frostbite Series is scheduled for Wednesday 7th February, please make one final effort to complete the 2017/18 Series.
24 January 2018
- Frostbite 7 Postponed due to too much wind, too much rain and not enough Sailors. We will try again next week 31 January - See you there.
Last updated: 2018-05-22