|Welcome to the Phoenix Marine Model Club
8 August 2018
- Wind going round in circles kept the 9 Skippers very busy on a cooler day at last.
25 July 2018
- Hot Hot Hot with 5mph wind. 14 Victoria Skippers enjoyed the day.
12 July 2018
- The first of the 2018 Victoria race series was held in good wind on a warm day at Silvermere. 13 Skippers enjoyed the day.
25 June 2018
- Midhurst Show Report
10 June 2018
- Brian and Belinda have a Banckert tug boat that lived for a long time in the window of Addlestone Models that they are looking to re-home.
6 June 2018
- This year, like many previous years, PMMC attended the Charity Model Boat Show at the Springbok Estate, Alfold (a home for retired mariners).
31 May 2018
- IOM Race Day 6 and final round of the 2018 series was sailed in very light winds and overcast conditions.
- David A and his IOM 38 wins the 2018 IOM race series. Well done David. Roger P was second and John W and Grahame P tied for 3rd place.
16 May 2018
- IOM race day 5 was a great day with very strong wind. All skippers sailed with number 1 sails which resulted I some fast and furious racing.
15 May 2018
- Back on schedule for the summer race series, Wednesday 16th May is the 5th (and penultimate) round of races. Arrive close to 10 am to set up and try to beat your new Chairman into last place!
- The Sunday this year for bringing out your electric driven models. visit Silvermere with your cruisers, launches, day boats etc as long as it is electrically powered. 10 am onwards and enjoy a sunny day by the lake with friends.
9 May 2018
- Race Day 4 postponed from May 2 was held on the 9th May in warm sunshine and moderate winds. The Britpop hull owners cant be caught but the rest try hard and 3 skippers tied for 3rd place.
7 May 2018
- Plenty of sun at Beal Park model boat show
2 May 2018
- Race day 4 of the IOM race series has been postponed due to bad weather conditions. The event will now be held on Wednesday 9th May.
25 April 2018
- The 2018 BIG DAY OUT will visit Greenwich and allow visits to Cutty Sark, The Royal Observatory, The National Maritime Museum and the Queens House art gallery.
18 April 2018
- IOM race day 3 attracted 9 skippers. Others were on holiday and missed racing in 27c temp.and gusty winds. Close racing on the day but Roger P won and kept out of trouble.
13 April 2018
- This is a new event on the exhibition calendar which looks very exciting. There will be: Railways - Boats - Planes and Cars - Working displays - demonstrations and trade stands - 5inch raised track, ride on train - Boating lake with working models - Tank battles and interactive model village - Drone flying - Model traction engines displays - Licensed bar and catering - Free parking. The event is to be held at: The Grange, Bepton Road, Midhurst, GU29 9HD and Phoenix members models will be on display. Further details from David Wilde, 01483 722098
10 April 2018
- Richard C was elected Phoenix Chairman at the club AGM on Monday 9 April 2018. The retiring chairman Grahame P served 3 terms a total of 9 years and congratulated Richard on his appointment.
- At the club AGM on the 9 April 2018 Stephen G and Michael D were elected to serve on the club committee. John W retired from the committee having served 2 terms a total of 6 years.
5 April 2018
- IOM Race day 2 on the 4 April was a challenging day with strong winds and heavy gusts and some rain. This resulted in boat problems for some skippers. Most raced with number 1 sails while two skippers decided to use number 2 sails. Well done to Roger E who won his first IOM race ever and to David A for winning the day.
22 March 2018
- The first race of the 2018 IOM produced mixed results, except for David A who swept the board. The weather warmed a little with a light variable wind making for some interesting racing. Thanks to Ian and Gordon for policing the racing.
18 March 2018
- The modelling weekend has been cancelled for 2018. For a full explanation please see http://www.sumnersponds.co.uk/events/model-show
17 March 2018
- According to the Sumners Ponds Website the 2018 Model Show due to be held over the weekend 9th - 10th June has had to be cancelled. Apparently they currently have no Events Organiser and consider it is now too close to the show date for any new incumbent to the post to take up the task of organising it in a satisfactory manner.
10 March 2018
- Richard C records sailing conditions at Silvermere last weekend were somewhat un-favourable! Click the link to see the photos
Last updated: 2018-08-18