From mediawiki 1.23.2 PMMC (3) Wiki
Revision as of 14:08, 13 April 2018 by Duncan
|Welcome to the Phoenix Marine Model Club
18 April 2018
- IOM race day 3 attracted 9 skippers. Others were on holiday and missed racing in 27c temp.and gusty winds. Close racing on the day but Roger P won and kept out of trouble.
13 April 2018
- This is a new event on the exhibition calendar which looks very exciting. There will be: Railways - Boats - Planes and Cars - Working displays - demonstrations and trade stands - 5inch raised track, ride on train - Boating lake with working models - Tank battles and interactive model village - Drone flying - Model traction engines displays - Licensed bar and catering - Free parking. The event is to be held at: The Grange, Bepton Road, Midhurst, GU29 9HD and Phoenix members models will be on display. Further details from David Wilde, 01483 722098
10 April 2018
- Richard C was elected Phoenix Chairman at the club AGM on Monday 9 April 2018. The retiring chairman Grahame P served 3 terms a total of 9 years and congratulated Richard on his appointment.
- At the club AGM on the 9 April 2018 Stephen G and Michael D were elected to serve on the club committee. John W retired from the committee having served 2 terms a total of 6 years.
5 April 2018
- IOM Race day 2 on the 4 April was a challenging day with strong winds and heavy gusts and some rain. This resulted in boat problems for some skippers. Most raced with number 1 sails while two skippers decided to use number 2 sails. Well done to Roger E who won his first IOM race ever and to David A for winning the day.
22 March 2018
- The first race of the 2018 IOM produced mixed results, except for David A who swept the board. The weather warmed a little with a light variable wind making for some interesting racing. Thanks to Ian and Gordon for policing the racing.
Last updated: 2018-04-22