From mediawiki 1.23.2 PMMC (3) Wiki
Revision as of 14:08, 13 April 2018 by Duncan
|Welcome to the Phoenix Marine Model Club
21 August 2019
- 8 Skippers raced on a very calm day at Silvermere. Weed is becoming a problem again this year and spoilt some races for a number of Skippers.
- Race day 4 of the Victoia series results.
18 August 2019
- IOM sailing match between RSW and PMMC the second of two meetings. The strength of teams to be decided on the day depending on availability.
- Return Match 18 August 2019. Tap headline for details.
12 August 2019
- What a great day for all those that attended the PMMC Open Day event. Lots of visitors and modellers benefited from an unexpectedly warm dry day. Visiting model boat clubs from Hanwell, Eastleigh, Black Park, Whitton, and AMBO. There was constant activity on the lake with a mixture of sail and powered boats on display. The quality and variety of the modelling was superb with Alex McFadyen winning best boat of the day with his battleship FS Richelau. We were once again treated to her gracefully navigating around the lake. With the added excitement of the guns firing a broadside. A lovely time was had by all those that attended.
8 August 2019
- The third Victoria race in the series on a very windy and blustery day, that created challenging conditions for all the skippers. However lots of fine sailing enabled some lively and exciting racing for the duration of the day. Next race in the series 21st August.
30 July 2019
- There is an open invitation to all PMMC members from EDMBC to attend this year's Annual Regatta and BBQ at their Highbridge site on Sunday 4th August. Please contact EDMBC if you intend going, as they need approximate numbers for the BBQ. See their website here: https://model-boats-eastleigh.club/
28 July 2019
- Please click on the headline for further information.
25 July 2019
- A very warm day with a wind speed and direction that completely ignored what the Met Office predicted. The wind as ever was all over the place in direction, and speed from nothing much to not very much more plus a few odd gusts somewhere in the course area (well you all know what the lake is like at Silvemere)! A reasonable turnout of 9 skippers for most of the day although there were gaps in some of the races for minor repairs and some unknown and untraceable faults. As ever there were the inevitable bumps and tangles at the buoys as "water at the buoy" was an unknown term to some skippers and the odd thump or two in straight lines as well. It is surprising how you can learn a few more new nautical phrases at a race meeting!!
22 July 2019
- A great turnout for the Barge Match Sunday. Many thanks to all those skippers and others who travelled from far and wide including the Isle of Wight, who made this event a big success. There were various types of Thames barges onshore and on the lake, which drew a large number of spectators from the terrace and restaurant area. Click on the headline for a full match report from Andrew Berr.
Last updated: 2019-08-22