|Welcome to the Phoenix Marine Model Club
22 January 2020
- Frostbite 7 was cancelled due to lack of sailors (only 3 turned up!) and also no wind.Better luck next Wednesday 29th January.
19 January 2020
- PMMC are invited to the Kempton Park Steam Museum's Weekend Of Power. A great weekend for all the family. See one of the large triple expansion steam engines running in the pump house, and enjoy a ride on the coal train. See here for details: https://www.kemptonsteam.org/ We have been at this event for the last couple of years. We are hoping to have a stand and display at this year's event. Watch this space for confirmation.
15 January 2020
- One metre class yacht 'KRCAR' includes No.1&2 rigs. With sail box and stand.
14 January 2020
- One of our very active, and ever young club members Jim Passey has just celebrated his 90th birthday. To mark the special occasion Jim was presented with a birthday cake and well wishes at our club night on Monday. Also on show were some of Jim's amazing and expertly built novelty craft. Unfortunately 'The Duck & Ducklings' had a prior appointment. :o)
13 January 2020
- After feedback from two members rule 5g and 5h have been wholly reinstated. The other amendments (in red) remain subject to any feedback from the members. The latest version of The Rules and Constitution can be accessed via the Information Tab (Rule Book and Constitution option) on the left hand side menu. If you have any comments please pass them to the committee through the club secretary Martin Lighten. A vote on the changes will be taken at the next AGM on the 6th April 2020.
10 January 2020
- The IOM race for the 15th January cancelled for those members wishing to attend the funeral of a much loved member of the club Andrea Roberts. Please click the headline for details of the funeral location and time.
8 January 2020
- Frostbite 6 opened the New Year with light variable to zero wind. The nine sailors were led round the course by David A again. The rest took their luck with the changing conditions.Our thanks to Ian for doing the admin again. Without a Race Officer we must make a better attempt to be our own referee on the water - please try harder to sail by the rules in future! PLEASE NOTE:- Next Frostbite, scheduled for 15 January, is postponed due to the funeral of Andrea. The next Frostbite is planned for 22 Jan 2020.
6 January 2020
- Our first club night of 2020 will be on Monday 13th January at the Byfleet Boat Club. Gio will be the guest speaker. Club membership subs for 2020 are also due this month. Click headline for more detail.
31 December 2019
- Weather and lake conditions permitting bring your boats along for a general sail to greet the New Year. All boats and craft welcome apart from the usual club restrictions. Bring anything - electric, steam, sail and start the year the way we would like to continue.
18 December 2019
- Frostbite 5, postponed from the 4th December, took place in dry conditions with a wind gradually increasing from light to moderate during the day with, of course, the normal holes in the wind. Michael D dominated the early races, from the 7 sailors who raced, but had to retire with equipment problems leaving the way for Laurence N to take the honours for the day. Thanks to Ian and David for looking after proceedings on the last race day of 2019. Happy Christmas to all my readers.
15 December 2019
- Our annual Christmas lunch was again held at Silvermere Inn on the Lake. PMMC members had a great time and enjoyed great food and service. A big 'THANK YOU' to Richard C. for organising and overseeing the day. Click on the headline for details and pictures.
14 December 2019
- Our thanks to all of those who contributed to the success of the Christmas Social including: David Wilde ,Barbara Hoyle ,Valerie Woods ,Janet Crane and Jackie Cashen for contributions to the food table and of course Carol Palmer for the majority of the fantastic food on offer. See pictures and more details click on the headline.
13 December 2019
- The club night dates for 2020 through to February 2021 have been added to the club's calendar. Guest speakers or activities will be updated as they are confirmed. For all the dates please see the calendar. N.B. Please be aware that the AGM will be on Monday 6th April. This is because the 13th April is Easter Monday
- PMMC will have stands and be displaying at various shows during 2020. Click on the headline to see details.
- Terry Kitson's wife has two of his beautiful Windermere style steam launches for sale. These would provide an easy entry into steam powered model boats for any PMMC member who would like to try a different aspect of the hobby. Click on the headline for details.
12 December 2019
- The 2020 'Victoria' yacht race dates have been published. The first race is on July 8th 2020, with the last race on September 16th 2020. Races are every two weeks. See the updated calendar for all the scheduled dates.
- The 2020 'Frostbite' IOM class yacht race dates have been published. The first race is on November 4th 2020, with the last race on February 3rd 2021. Races are every week to allow for cancellations due to variable winter conditions such as ice/still air etc. See the updated calendar for all the scheduled dates.
11 December 2019
- The 2020 'Summer Series' IOM class yacht race dates have been published. The first race is on April 15th 2020, with the last race on June 24th 2020. Races are every two weeks. See the updated calendar for all the scheduled dates.
10 December 2019
- Hans has a fully functional military ship's compass, which may be of interest to a PMMC member. Please click on the headline for more details.
8 December 2019
- A summary of the last few months activity and other items to note can be found by clicking on the heading. We look forward to seeing you all on Monday to celebrate another year of Phoenix.
4 December 2019
- Frostbite 5 is postponed until 18 Dec 20219. This is due to only four sailors making it to the lake and also no wind. All IOM sailors are encouraged to make an extra effort for this last Frostbite of the year. There are five race days planned for 2020 - 08,15,22,29 Jan and the final race day on the 05 Feb - your attendance will be welcome.
Last updated: 2020-01-29